Thank you for your interest in helping NEED. Here are a few ways you can help.
Donate money. All donations are tax deductible.
- Donate online via Credit Card or PayPal as indicated here.
- Send a check made out to Northeast Emergency Distribution. (P.O. Box 1376, Hurst,TX 76053)
- If your church is an affiliated NEED church, give a check to the church and designate that it is to be used for NEED.
- Link your Grocery Cards to NEED (Kroger, Albertsons, Tom Thumb).
- Participate in the North Texas Day of Giving in September. Watch this website for details. Contributions on this day earn bonuses via funds from large donors.
- Attend the annual Applebee’s Flapjack Fundraiser. This is held April 1st this year.
- Deliver any amount of food to either of our locations. We can accept non-perishables, bakery items, frozen foods, or fresh produce.
- Donate food to your church’s collection box. Most churches have designated containers for NEED items.
- Organize a food drive at your church, workplace, or special event. Contact us and we will arrange for pickup for large donations.
Donate time and expertise
- We need volunteers at all our locations. Just stop by to see how and when you can help.
- Most churches have a designated team that works on a specified day of the month.
- Join your church’s team.
- NEED is always looking for particular skills and abilities. We need people with time and a truck for pickups of food from grocers and restaurants. We need grant writers, PR professionals, computer professionals, and business experts. Let us know your area of expertise and we will find a spot for you.
- Work at the Twice Blessed Resale Shop. We need volunteers with retail expertise who are able to commit to a specific schedule.
- Serve on the NEED Board of Directors or a Committee. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org and learn about the perfect spot for your skills and abilities.